This is a publicity photo of the Friskysport, just prior to its debut at the Earls Court Motor Show in October 1957. It was built by Henry Meadows Ltd in Wolverhampton, UK, with the body designed by Giovanni Micholotti – whose designs included various Ferraris, Maseratis and Alfa Romeos, and the Triumph TR4, Spitfire, Stag and 2000. So the Friskysport was in classy company!
It was powered by a rear mounted Villiers 324cc two stoke engine, with top speed around 65 mph (105 k/h). Unlike many micro cars of the time, the Friskysport actually had 4 wheels, although the rear track was some 16 inches (40 cm) narrower than the front. By all accounts it was a reasonably competent vehicle, but the high price of 495 pounds was a factor in the low sales achieved. In 1957 the same amount would also buy a new Austin A35, or a good second hand MG or Morgan.
Production ceased in 1961; and according to the Frisky Register only about 12 are known to exist today.